Maintaining your eyesight is an important part of remaining independent and staying healthy. If you're struggling with floaters, you will want to visit an experienced optometrist as soon as possible. At AssureVision, Dr. Lomazov can treat floaters as well as a variety of other eye conditions. Schedule an appointment today with us at one of our convenient locations in Arlington Heights, or Barrington.
What are Floaters?
Floaters are simply spots in your vision. They are often the result of the normal aging process. They can, however, be a symptom of more serious conditions. This is why you need to schedule an appointment with an optometrist as soon as possible if you or a family member are experiencing floaters. Floaters are usually caused by the clumping of fluid in your eyes. The gel-like fluid will naturally shrink as you age.
The Symptoms of Floaters
There are several symptoms associated with floaters.
- They may appear as strings of floating objects or dark specks in front of your eyes.
- They might look like spots that will move away whenever you move your eyes. If you try to look directly at them, they will quickly move away and out of your line of vision.
- Sometimes, the spots are more noticeable when you're looking at a bright or plain background. The background may be a white wall or a clear sky.
- If you experience a sudden loss of vision or see flashes of light, these symptoms may indicate a serious problem. You need to see an eye doctor immediately.
- Other signs of a more serious problem include peripheral vision loss, a blurry area that blocks part of your vision, or the sudden onset of many more floaters than usual.
Visit Your Optometrist Regularly
Regularly visiting an optometrist is a preventative means of finding vision problems as early as possible. Keeping your eyes healthy may help eliminate problems when you get older. Your vision can also change throughout your lifetime. Pregnancy, certain illnesses, and old age can affect your vision, changing your glasses or contact prescription.
Contact AssureVision for Your Next Comprehensive Eye Exam
You need to find an experienced optometrist to treat floaters to make sure there isn't a serious underlying condition. At AssureVision, Dr. Lomazov provides eye exams, contact lenses, and vision therapy. We provide exceptional eye care services in Arlington Heights, and Barrington. Call our team today at (847) 368-9999 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.